Return Policy | Vintage Disclaimer

*Vintage Disclaimer*

These garments are vintage, which means they have all been preloved and are in varying conditions. So keep in mind that vintage garments may have minor wear or discoloration due to age. 

I do my best to inspect every gown and mend what I can. What I cannot mend I post detailed descriptions and images of, then discount the garment accordingly. Occasionally I will miss a small stain or pull and that is because I am human and fallible. I will not accept full refunds for tiny, missed stains or holes. Be sure to read the entire description before purchasing an item. 

Return Exceptions: If I miss a large flaw in a gown, I will accept returns with full refund as long as the dress is not damaged further before I receive it. Return shipping will be the responsibility of the buyer. 

Returns will also not be accepted if a gown does not fit perfectly. I take very diligent measurements and will answer any questions you have about fitting.

Many of these gowns have been altered before, take buying a cheaper vintage gown as an opportunity to support a local tailor!

I want vintage to be a viable option for people as a more eco-conscious route for bridal and will do my very best to make this a good experience for my customers. Please feel free to message me with any questions!

Consign With Us!

  • Gown & Glove will determine the acceptability and selling price of all items, based on condition and original cost. Generally, we will price gowns at 25-35% off the original price for unworn items and 40-60% off the original price for pre-worn items. All items are subject to price reductions at 2 months and 4 months.


  • The consignment period is 6 months. There is a $50 fee for any items that the consigner picks up before the 6 month period is complete. 


  • Gown and Glove will retain 55% of the final selling price of all items. Payment of the remaining 45% will be issued to the consigner upon request after sale and can be picked up in-store. Consigner is responsible for checking in on the item(s) and account balance, as well as collecting any money owing on their account. 


  • Money will retain cash value for 1 year. After 1 year your balance will be converted to store credit and after 18 months any unclaimed balance on the account will be considered void. Any uncollected money will become property of Gown & Glove.


  • At the end of the consignment period, you may pick up your unsold items or have the store donate them to a local charity. Any items not picked up within 10 days of contract termination will become the property of the Gown & Glove.


Please note: items for sale will be tried on in our store. While we make all efforts to keep your goods in the same condition they were receieved, Gown & Glove assumes no liability for loss or damage to items.